Join now - be part of our community!

Audio CDs dont work on most CD players

yeham
Visitor

Audio CDs dont work on most CD players

Hi

I have a problem with my viao, when i burn audio CDs with Nero 6 or even sonic stage they dont work on most of my CD players but when i burn an audio CD with my other laptop using Nero 6 they work on all my CD players in the house!

any ideas?:smileycry: :cry:

35 REPLIES 35
yeham
Visitor

my cd/dvd drive is QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242U

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

look at this Link
This tool was testing your drive quality.
You can burn a Audio-test CD, after the burn you can make a cd read test.

The test was showing all mistakes and is very helpfully to find out the max. burn speed.

try this, good luck:smileyhappy:

seb21__
Visitor

A other point

I wouldn't use special Audio CD-Rs

When buy a special Audio CD-R, you don't pay for a better quality.
You pay only a special licence.

(what is the different between the original MemoryStick and the MagicGateMemoryStick? ..............."THE COLOR")

And some CD-Rs are in this drive good, and a other drive bad.
That's the reality.

I use CD-Rs from "Intenso" and from "Samsung", no problems since 2 years.

TygerTyger
Visitor

TDK, Verbatim and Memorex are pretty much the best, give them a try and give Sebs tester a try too.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

my cd/dvd drive is QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242U

Now that IS interesting - I have the same optical drive and it failed when trying to play back audio CD's. After I contacted VAIO-Link, they suggested a firmware upgrade from their site, which I have to say made the problem worse (XP Bluescreens with STOP errors).

The latest Firmware for this drive is the QSI CDRW/DVD US06 Update.

I found I needed a BIOS update in addition to this. This was again on the VAIO-Link website.

PLEASE ring VAIO-Link before installing these... If neither of them cure your problem, then use a DRY DVD Lens Cleaning kit (the wet type are messy!) and read the instructions carefully...

As TT said, TDK. Memorex and Verbatim disks are superb quality and work in almost anything...

Out of interest, open the drive and look at (but do NOT touch) the lens. Does it look very reflective or dull? Mine looks very reflective after cleaning it - thats how it should look. A DVD Lens Cleaner will work at removing the debris... It should be blue in colour from above, and when viewed from the side flat and purple...

I hope this helps...

seb21__
Visitor

:smileythinking: very interesting.

Two peoples with the same drive and similar problems.

I hope this is not a production mistake.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Ritek grade 4 media is also very good.
I got 50 for £20 and they work well in the DeLL NEC drive and the Sony in my RA104.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Nice One Kee-Lo.

I forgot about Ritek, they make great optical media...

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah and the good thing is it's a local shop who stocks them, so he gets my custom.

He's getting me a Belkin 54Mbps wireless card for £16.99 new.

seb21__
Visitor

Ritec? I have heard this name.

But you must look where the CD-Rs was produced.

Some CD-Rs have different firmname. But the production place is the same. Only the Quality is different. (like a second hand shop)

You can show the details from your CD-R with NERO CD/DVD-drive speed.

Look at the Link on my older posts on this topic.