Join now - be part of our community!

2 month old VPCF13 Screen coming loose, poor adhesive, Customer Service says not under warranty

profile.country.en_GB.title
nadotech
Visitor

2 month old VPCF13 Screen coming loose, poor adhesive, Customer Service says not under warranty

I went to close my laptop and noticed that the top right was a little  loose. Didn't pay much attention to it at first but then realised that  the sides of the lid are quite flush. It almost seems as if the adhesive  is coming off.

The  shop I bought it from blew me off and told me I have to take it up with  Sony, so I contacted the UK repair centre. They had me take photos of  it and send to them (making sure the photos were under their required  1MB even) then told me that warranty doesn't cover as they put it  'physical damage and misuse'. I tried explaining that this laptop has  just been sitting on my desk at home and not gone anywhere. Not been  dropped or nothing, it just seems that they used glue that was not up to  the task.

Now  I'm stuck with back and forth email where Sony is sticking to the whole  not covered under warranty line. Oh but they can fix this for me...for a  price. I've already spent £1,700 on this computer and it's not even 3  months old! They want me to pay to repair bad  manufacturing...OUTRAGEOUS! Joke is they want me to raise a repair request, pay a fee to have it picked up (a fee which they won't tell me how much but would have to be paid before it is collected) THEN when they have it to look at they will tell me how much I need to pay to have it fixed! :neutral: *I might be a bit crazy but I'm not that stupid*.

I  feel scammed. I am tempted to contact Trades and Standards but that is  so time consuming, plus I work from 9 to 5 so when would I get the time  to run around with this aggrevation. I'm trying to go through the Sales of Goods Act to see if this is legal on Sony's part (cause it sure doesn't feel ethical).It's like buying a product, taking  it home and have it fall apart the same day (I mean in my case it was 2 months!!!!) only for the manufacturer to say no  warranty buddy!

I  only bought this because I was trying to future proof myself as this  had the best specs (Quad core i7 with 8GB RAM) available that I could  walk into a shop and buy it (I needed it quick to do some work). If only  Samsung had the specs because the netbook I bought from them over a  year ago has really decent manufacturing to its case.

I used to hold Sony in high regard, loved my PS2 and still using my PSP3000. I always buy Sony Ericsson mobiles but now I think I need to find another manufacturer for my consumer electronics. I know mobiles and games are probably not manufactured the same places an computers but I'm just so angry with this nonsense.

As anyone else had this issue? If so what did you do? How did it turn out?

0 REPLIES 0