Join now - be part of our community!

My Sony Bravia cant connect to Internet via WI-FI

sashoiliev
Explorer

My Sony Bravia cant connect to Internet via WI-FI

I have Bravia KDL-40EX520 and its WI-FI ready. It has WI-FI adapter pluged in it. When i connect it to my home network it shows that there is not access to internet. This is happening from 1-2 months ago, before that it was connecting to internet properly. I changed my router's settings many times but without result. Please, help :slight_smile:

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you confirm that you have plugged the Wifi dongle into USB port 1 (the top one)?  If so, have you tried using the brake-away extension adaptor, and move the dongle slighly away from the TV ?

Can you also confirm how many "bars" of wifi signal strength you have (any less than 3, it generally doesnt work)

Cheers

sashoiliev
Explorer

My adapter is in USB-1. The signal bars are 4, because my router is next to the tv. This problem is from 1-2 months and i think it may be from one of the automatically updates.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To be honest, if your router is next to the TV, I would advise connecting the TV to the router with an ethernet (LAN) cable instead of using wireless.  You will get a much more stable connection anyhow. 

In regards to the wifi, you could try a factory reset of the TV?

Cheers

uomo68
New

Dear all,

when i try to insert the password (NUMBERS) using my remote control (RMT TX100D R) to connect to my wifi hot spot i have no action. Stay at the same position. (All other devices connect to my wifi hot spot no problem).

I select back to reinsert the passord many times.After finishing  writing the password i select  ok (the middle buttom) but with no reaction!

Any syggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Does an on-screen keyboard pop up?  If so, just use the arrow keys on the remote to highlight the number or letter and then press ok to select.

Cheers

uomo68
New

Hi Quinnicus,

thank you for your answer.

No there is not any on-screen keyboard pop up!

When i select the wifi hot spot i see the second page for the password. when i write the password (points) no reaction when i press ok!

😞