Join now - be part of our community!

KDL40V4000 ghosting image and poor processing

profile.country.en_GB.title
John0805
Visitor

KDL40V4000 ghosting image and poor processing

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum so hello to all and thank you for looking at this post.

I have a kdl40v4000 which is about 18 months old now. It's been a good tele apart from about 6 months ago it started ghosting. Especially in dark scenes. When something moves it has a trail (ghost image) follow it.

I have reason to believe that it is the panel itself but I'm no expert. Just seems that most Sony TVs seem to go wrong before the end of two years. Has anyone else heard about this issue and what is Sony's customer service like for people out of warranty? I do know that there customer service in the PS3 was pethetic. I had one that yellow lighted after 13 months and they refused point blank to fix under warranty and wanted £137 to fix or replace. Pethetic really.

Anyway thank you guys.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.nl_NL.title
Benman1964
New

Considder yourself lucky. My new Sony KDL55EX720 has a lot of 'overdrive trailing' from day one. And as it seems when i read the internet this problem comes with the product and does not fall under warranty.

profile.country.sr_YU.title
Bloodymirjocic
Visitor

My sony bravia had problem with memorizing channels. After offical sony servis (they just put some new softwere), that was fixed but i got ghost. Problem was the noise reduction (it was set to high and nothing changed when i used menu to set it to medium, low or off). So, servis again, and the service man just used some servis menu on tv and it was fixed.

profile.country.GB.title
amedeofelix
Explorer

Useful would be to recall and state exactly what menu was used.