Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI

64jonesy
New

HDMI

I have recently purchased a kdl50w656 tv, I have put my sky+ HD box into the HDMI 1 connection. I have programmed my sky controls so that I can operate my tv using them, all of a sudden I am unable to activate my sky automatically through the sky controls, I have to select the HDMI option via the tv remote. IPlease can you help me to solve this problem. I did try the live chat option but was told that he couldn't help me because I was in the UK. Ihave also phoned the helpline to be told that it is a sky remote problem, i'm no expert but I think the sky controls are working fine because when i press the sky button the sky box does respond.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

No reason why it shouldn't work. Are you running the latest firmware on the TV? Do other HDMI devices like Blu-ray players respond ok via HDMI? 

64jonesy
New

Thank you for your reply.  Please can youtell me how to check I am running the latest firmware on my TV.Also, I don't have any other  devices linked to my TV via HDMI.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Press Home on the remote, go to settings, then to product support and from there it can download the latest update directly ( assuming you have connected your TV to the Internet already)

Thanks

64jonesy
New

All software is up to date, any other suggestions please?
Thanks in advance