Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-42W829B has stopped recognising NAS drive

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
frmello
Explorer

Bravia KDL-42W829B has stopped recognising NAS drive

Hi All,

I have the above TV and have been streaming music, photos and home videos to it from my Synology 213j NAS quite happily for about 3 years. However, the TV has suddenly stopped recognising the NAS drive (if I scan for servers the NAS no longer appears). This despite no changes in any of the settings on either NAS and TV. The NAS also recognises the TV over my home network.

TV is definitely connected to the internet - I can play youtube videos for example. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the NAS media server, checked all setting, ensured firewall disabled, rebooted the NAS (twice), etc., all to no avail. TV software package is up to date (PKG3.004UA, last updated March 2017) and I can stream form the NAS to other devices (iMac and iPad work fine) so the problem appears to be with the TV.

Any suggestions gratefully received,

regards,

Fred

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Mmm.. i have my tv connected via lan through a powerlink but I tried in the past via Wi-Fi with no problem. I cannot be sure but it seems to me more a problem of your network set-up if your router feels the tv connected via lan when it was not. In any case if now it works ot's ok :slight_smile:
profile.country.GB.title
frmello
Explorer

Finally sorted out the problem. My TV had (somehow) been set to Internet protocol IPv6 and my router only currently supports IPv4. Once I'd disabled IPv6 the problem was solved.