Join now - be part of our community!

xe9005 Digital audio out with DHT-T110 soundbase

profile.country.GB.title
gat1969
Explorer

xe9005 Digital audio out with DHT-T110 soundbase

I have a Denon DHT-T110 soundbase which worked fine with my old Panasonic tv but not as well with my Sony.  The soundbase is supposed to auto sleep when no audio is present for 5mins on the digital audio out from the tv.  However, it did this on a few occasions but not at all for the last few weeks.  Its as if the digital audio out from the tv is not "quiet" enough for long enough. I do hear a periodic audio click so perhaps this keeps the soundbase awake.  Any ideas on how to solve this?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @gat1969,

I am just checking this for you and will get back to you shortly.

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi again @gat1969,

I have checked this for you and have been told that it could be related to your Android TV using Google Cloud Messaging Service to connect to the Network every 15 mins when the TV is in standby.  If this is what's keeping the soundsbase awake, I think you would need to unplug the TV instead.

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
gat1969
Explorer

Hi, why does the tv need to do this when in standby - is there any way to disable it?

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

I don't think there's a way to disable it, as far as I'm aware.

profile.country.GB.title
gat1969
Explorer

Hi

This is bad news.  I have had the tv for 3 weeks and i am very disappointed with Android TV.  The UI is slow, takes too long to boot before i can change channels, slow to respond to remote control and now the fact that it seems to wake up every few minutes when in standby. Other issues such as unable to record with YouView and catchup player error messages are also annoying.

As far as i am concerned the tv is "faulty" and as such I am seriously considering exercising my right to get a full refund as stated in the consumer act 2015 if returned within 30 days. I will probably go for LG instead.

I have spent a lot of time reading forums and Sony seem to have a very bad reputation for support and fixing bugs etc.  This is a shame because the picture is great but the tv is let down by everything else.