Join now - be part of our community!

W995 Wi-Fi

SOLVED
Not applicable

W995 Wi-Fi

I have just acquired a W995 & have set up a Wi-Fi link to my home network but am not sure if it is using that instead of my Mobile Phone connection.

The Wi-Fi icon is green but when I try to connect to the internet a small e appears above the signal strength bars.

Using a French network provider, my data allowance is very small, so would prefer to use Wi-Fi to pick up e-mail & other internet services.

How can I force a Wi-Fi connection if one is available ?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dr_Chris
Champion

If you are connected to a wifi network, your phone will use it by default in preference to the mobile network when browsing the net or using any application/email etc that requires an internet connection.Just make sure that under both Internet and Streaming settings (under Settings--Connectivity), the Allow local conn is set to Yes.However, if your phone is about to use the mobile network, it will warn you beforehand anyway; so if you haven't had this warning and you're browsing, it means that you're using the wifi connection.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dr_Chris
Champion

If you are connected to a wifi network, your phone will use it by default in preference to the mobile network when browsing the net or using any application/email etc that requires an internet connection.Just make sure that under both Internet and Streaming settings (under Settings--Connectivity), the Allow local conn is set to Yes.However, if your phone is about to use the mobile network, it will warn you beforehand anyway; so if you haven't had this warning and you're browsing, it means that you're using the wifi connection.

Not applicable

Thank you very much