Join now - be part of our community!

New firmware for Elm (J10i)

SOLVED
Not applicable

New firmware for Elm (J10i)

Yesterday i noticed that the new firmware (R7CA061) available to download through the FOTA. Want to ask when i can update my phone through SEUS? Where i can get information about differences between firmwares?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DeGraaff
Contributor

Our Greenhearts deserve extra attention. Perservering_Face

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
DeGraaff
Contributor

In this thread: http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/1452#1452 It's said that they can't give information about changes in new firmware, for some reason...

"FYI: We are unable to provide information about changes in  the latest software updates of a phone, nor do we know when/if an update  for a certain device will be released."

I've never seen a changelog for SE's firmwares... It's kind of silly, all other companies list the changes in their firmwares publicly, but not SE? We update our phones not knowing at all what to expect. The only real change I noticed after I updated my Elm with R7CA061, is that the widgets in the home screen don't work properly anymore!

Not applicable

Agree with your comments, especially the one concerning widgets. That is why i am asking when i can download full sized firmware through SEUS.. Hope it will be soon and changes will be visible..

DeGraaff
Contributor

I prefer not to use SEUS though, because it wipes away my apps that I bought from PlayNow... Slightly_frowning_Face

DeGraaff
Contributor

Apparently they do publish change logs for new firmwares, but only for the more popular, expensive, smarter phones such as xperia and vivaz...

I wonder why...

Not applicable

They recently started to concentrate their attention on expensive segment, it is true ..

DeGraaff
Contributor

Our Greenhearts deserve extra attention. Perservering_Face

Not applicable

Agree.. I've posted appropriate massage already: http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/5693#5693

Not applicable

I just updated my phone through SEUS and got the r7ca061. At first I was pissed off, but when I checked it out, the widgets were working properly and still are. This is the second time I updated my phone through SEUS. If you updated your phone through SEUS and got the r7ba076, I think, you have to update your phone phone through SEUS again to get the r7ca061. At least that's how I did it.

Peace Out!

Not applicable

Thanx for information Slightly_smiling_Face