Join now - be part of our community!

Help! My X10 won't turn on.

SOLVED
Not applicable

Help! My X10 won't turn on.

Hi, I haven't had my X10 for longer than 3 months and it's already 'died' on me, when I charge it, I know my phone picks it up as it flashes red as it does when it's charging when low on battery. My phone doesn't charge. I'm not sure whether it's a battery or hardware problem. My insurance company is telling me to cough up £50 to cover to costs to 'fix' it, which I'm not too keen on. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated guys, whether you can recommend me a place to fix this problem or whatnot. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

Could you not return it under warranty for repair if you are still in the same country as purchase and it was bought brand new?  I have seen it mentioned that the solder on the usb socket can break not allowing charging but if the phone is flashing when you insert the usb lead then it is seeing the lead.

Are you using the supplied charger because the phones are very picky about what they will take charge from? Have you tried charging via usb and the PC?

£50 sounds a lot to pay if it is only a bad battery, have they had it looked at to say what the problem is?  It might be worth taking it to a mobile shop and asking to test it out on their charger or try the battery in their shop unit and their battery in yours to see if you can narrow down where the problem is.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
suze
Leader

Could you not return it under warranty for repair if you are still in the same country as purchase and it was bought brand new?  I have seen it mentioned that the solder on the usb socket can break not allowing charging but if the phone is flashing when you insert the usb lead then it is seeing the lead.

Are you using the supplied charger because the phones are very picky about what they will take charge from? Have you tried charging via usb and the PC?

£50 sounds a lot to pay if it is only a bad battery, have they had it looked at to say what the problem is?  It might be worth taking it to a mobile shop and asking to test it out on their charger or try the battery in their shop unit and their battery in yours to see if you can narrow down where the problem is.

Not applicable

Thank you for the input Slightly_smiling_Face I went to the Phones4u store and one of the workers there assumed it was a battery problem and just switched batteries with me, good news, my phone switched on. But when I got home to charge it, my phone would not charge and my pc could not locate it through usb. So I assume it's my phone's usb socket, hopefully I'll pop down the store to get it fixed.