Join now - be part of our community!

Exploring Xperia X10i

SOLVED
Not applicable

Exploring Xperia X10i

Hi, I am been using Xperia X10i from its launch. It was amazing when it was 1.6. Today it is 2.1 and the access is more to its core.

Recently I have installed Z4 Root and ROM Manager. Any idea what does it do? When I click on ROM Manager, it asks to select Phone Model. And in the list I do not find Xperia X10. Can I select any phone model and run the process. Got little scared, as phone might brick.

Besides, I noticed of custom ROM for Xperia X10i (FROYO 2.2)

http://getandroidstuff.com/xperia-x10-froyo-rom-download-android-x10/

Any idea on this? Can we download and get it rooted as shown in the above link? Anybody tried and experiencing?

11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable

I have recently purchased Launcher Pro Plus and it's an amzing Home Launcher compared to others any per my review.

Today, I installed gTAB Simi, and that's amazing. You should try. It's like 3 docks in Launcher Pro, this gTAB has every screen 3 tabs with 5 apps to be kept in shortcut. Love it. Less resource and quick!

Not applicable

To my memory, I would have formatted my Phone 10 times in 6 months, since I explore a lot and then when it slows down, I format it.

Twice I installed the apps from my backup (SD), and it works fine, but it doesn't show in Market as installed, and hence I do not get update. From 3rd time onwards, whenever I format, I re-download all the 100s of apps. Is it the way it has to be done. Will not Market sync with my installed apps.

I know AppBrain syncs, but I do not want to use that. I would like to have Market synced when I install from my backup.

Please let me know if any other solution is there for it. I am afraid to format the Phone again (if needed), since I need to again download the whole bunch of apps.