Join now - be part of our community!

Copy contacts gmail to phone

SOLVED
Not applicable

Copy contacts gmail to phone

Hello All,

Is there any way we can copy "gmail contacts" to "phone contact"??
Is it useful to copy contacts to phone or can we keep on using the gmail contact and keep the phone contacts empty?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

You could export them to your memory card so you have a copy there and if for some weird reason that you couldn't get your contacts from google then you have them there to import to either the Phone Contacts or your google account contacts.  I hope that makes sense, just tried it on my X8 and it does work.  I am the kind of girl who likes her contacts saved in a few places so SD card / Google sync and a copy in Outlook.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

Hey @unirock,

I must tell you that you can't really copy all the contacts from the Gmail to the phone's; however, is ok to only have the Gmail contacts and not having any in your phone's memory.

suze
Leader

You could export them to your memory card so you have a copy there and if for some weird reason that you couldn't get your contacts from google then you have them there to import to either the Phone Contacts or your google account contacts.  I hope that makes sense, just tried it on my X8 and it does work.  I am the kind of girl who likes her contacts saved in a few places so SD card / Google sync and a copy in Outlook.

Not applicable

hey

from personal experience, it's really no point copying the gmail contact to your phone when you want to use gmail contacts as your primary address book. once you've copied it to your phone, it will double up anyway. that's what happened and it's still happening to mine... i still haven't got the time to go through and merge the contacts. now with the phone cross checking my facebook friends list as well... it generated even more contacts. what a rubbish set up. if you have 2.1 software, remember not to sync with facebook.  Slightly_smiling_Face

but you can choose not to use the gmail contact as your address book. from what i read on your post, that;'s not what you want, right?

Not applicable

Thanks for sharing @Suze and @MangaGal !! :smileygrin: