Participa, comparte tu experiencia!

How to hard reset Sony m4 Aqua?

CrazyCrinkle
Nuevo miembro

How to hard reset Sony m4 Aqua?

Please don;t post if all you can say is to hold down either or both of the volume buttons and press power on, that does not work. I need to hard reset the phone as I put on a pattern lock and instantly forgot the code, but unlike all the help resources, there's no "forgot pattern" option, and now it turns out that the billion help resources saying to hard reset using the volume buttons are wrong as well.

7 RESPUESTAS 7
Emil
Entusiasta

Hi @ChrisCrinkle,

I'm sorry to hear that. You can try to reset your screen lock if you have activated My Xperia Theft Protection in your M4 Aqua. Note that you have had to active this before your phone got locked. To do so log on to the following website. https://myxperia.sonymobile.com/signin

If you haven't activated My Xperia Theft Protection you can reset your device by doing a software repair using Xperia Companion. This also works when the device is locked by for example a pattern lock.

By doing a software repair you will erase all personal content on your device including any screen locks that may be present.

Let me know how it goes!

CrazyCrinkle
Nuevo miembro

Hi this doesn't work. The software installs but when the device is connected via USB all the options grey out and it tells me the phone is locked and must be unlocked before doing anything.

Leaving diconnected (as only one of several resources suggested), and clicking manage > repair my device leads to it taking a long time on a progress bar, then throwing up the error:

"UEStartNoMorePorts

1.5.3.0 / Windows 10 Home 64 bit / Win32 / US"

Emil
Entusiasta

I'd recommend that you restart your computer and see if the behavior persists. If it does try to temporarily disable any firewall you may have on your computer, restart it, then try again.

Let me know if this helps!

CrazyCrinkle
Nuevo miembro

Hi there, turned off windows defender and firewall, plus antivirus. Did not work.
Also tried running the shortcut asa administrator, did not work. I also tried manually restarting my (still locked) phone while the initialisation ran and that did not work either.

CrazyCrinkle
Nuevo miembro

*Bump*

Anything else i can try? Or am i left with a very expensive brick? If the latter I can assure you this will be the last Sony phone i buy, because there should always be a HARD RESET procedure!!

Will_Shepard
Visitante

Did you ever find an answer to this question.  My daughter did the exact same thing with her telephone and she is not connected to the Sony software which allows you to reset the device.  So I am also stuck.

Will

Emil
Entusiasta

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry for the late reply. If you have tried the suggested troubleshooting and you are unable reset the device, I recommend that you get in contact with your Local support team for assistance with having your device sent in to an authorized service center for further troubleshooting and repair.

Let me know how it works out.