Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E670W and Netgear Stora video file issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
sababb
New

BDV-E670W and Netgear Stora video file issues

Hi

I have recently bought a BDV-E670W and am generally really impressed with it.  I am however struggling to access video on it from my Netgear Stora NAS and have a couple of questions:

Q1) I am able to see the Stora from within the E670W, however, from this point the file structure that I see is not clear and does not fully represent the structure on my Stora.  I can however see the file structure on the Stora via my AC Ryan PlayOn HD media player, so I know that the Stora is not the issue here.

Any advice on why this is happening?

Q2) I am using DivX Convertor to convert VOB files to DivX files so i can play them on the E670W.  I am having limited success with this - sometimes the files will be read by the E670W and play, however, most of the times they will not.  On screen they are showing as AVI files (when accessed via the Stora), however, if I save the file onto a  USB stick and access this, they then show as MKV files and play.

Any thoughts on this too?

Overall, what i am looking for is a solution so i can play video files that are held on my Stora, so any guidance appreciated!

Many thanks in advance

0 REPLIES 0