Join now - be part of our community!

Wired network problems on latest firmware

profile.country.GB.title
Muffinman2k
Explorer

Wired network problems on latest firmware

I have upgraded to the latest firmware on xe8596 and now everytime i try and connect to VPN the TV drops my wired Ethernet connection. I have to manually go into network, and click on ip settings, DCHP for it to pick it back up. This didnt happen before the upgrade. I have factory reset 2 times now and lost all settings and as soon as i install SurfShark VPN it drops the connection. I have tried broadcast and network time settings still the same. It also drops the connection whilst way watching broadcast TV.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, VPNs, along with any other app that's not pre-installed on the TV aren't guaranteed to function properly on the TV, and specifically the VPN. I posted here before about a case I know of, th eVPN ended up messing with the power and the TV was stuck in a restarting loop every time the VPN was in use.

profile.country.GB.title
Muffinman2k
Explorer

@HannahEd01  The problem exists without any 3 rd party software as i stated several times.  Its present after 3 factory resets....  I'm not the only person seeing the problem.  Do you have this set wired in?

In that case Sony owe me a new TV as this firmware has stopped its functionality

Who do i ask for a new TV as its only 3 years old and 2 years left on warranty.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Muffinman2k, I don't have this model I'm afraid, did you try a Hotspot (Wi-Fi)? If the issue happens on that as well it's most probably an issue with the TV, I believe the investigation will determine if it's a software or a hardware issue. Sony goes with a repair for these kind of issues, if you're after a replacement I would say try the retailer.