Join now - be part of our community!

SWF-BR100 stopped working after Android 9 update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
88Paul

SWF-BR100 stopped working after Android 9 update

Can anyone help?

After the recent update to Android TV 9.0 on my Bravia KD-49XD8305 it appears it will no longer support the dongle that connects to the Subwoofer. It has worked perfectly for the last few years with other updates to the OS.

It will now not sync with the subwwofer, what ever I try to do. I have reset the TV, reset the USB sender/dongle and the Subwoofer too, all with no sucess.

I have read on the USA community board someone else has had the same problem. I doubt I will be able to roll back to Android 8, so waiting on a fix from Sony I guess.

Unless someone has a fix?

53 REPLIES 53
profile.country.GB.title
88Paul

Hannah

Thanks for the link, it would seem the part is in the region of £200. I have tried looking via the part number (A2009350B) and everywhere is around that price. This seems exceptionally expensive for what it is. In fact I paid much less than that for the whole setup!

I'm hoping Sony will get back to me with a resolution before too long, especially as I seem to not be the only person this has happend to. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi IanMagson , sorry to hear that you have the same issue too, did you try the steps in the thread?

88Paul, good thing that you did, keep us updated.

profile.country.GB.title
mattv91
Explorer

Hi I’m having the exact same problem, same model TV and subwoofer, hasn’t worked since the android update.. the two will not pair anymore, have you had any luck with a response from Sony? Regards 

profile.country.GB.title
88Paul

mattv91

In answer to your question - NO, nothing yet.

Interesting to know that you have exactly the same setup and have the same problem.

Like me, you also now have a redundant subwoofer and a TV that now sounds somewhat second rate!

Hopefully SONY will aknowledge the problem and a fix will be released soon, In the mean time, maybe do as I do and bookmark this thread and check back frequently.

I will certainly post back here if I hear back from anyone with a solution.

Anyone else with similar issues?

Paul

profile.country.SI.title
d20a1a67e5e93e22
Explorer

I have exact the same problem with the same LCD TV and the same subwoofer. I try several times but unsucessfully. I few days ago I ordered a brand new dongle UWT-BR100 for the price 175 €, but I'm not shure that the problem is in dongle.

profile.country.GB.title
88Paul

Hi d20a1a67e5e93e22

Well it would seem we are not alone with this problem then, as more and more people have experienced this !

I wonder if the update has damaged the UWT-BR100 or the software installed has just rendered the dongle useless.

Please post back here when your replacement dongle arrives, so we know if that fixes the issue we are all experiencing. I sincerely hope it does having spent quite a lot of money on a replacement.

We await your result....

Paul

profile.country.SI.title
d20a1a67e5e93e22
Explorer

I few days ago I wrote a message to the Sony Slovenian customersupport and I got a feedback that the case was sending to the experts. I also asked if it is possible that they send me a previous version of Sony Android (8.0). I'm still waiting for the answer from experts and for a new dongle - transmitter (UWT-BR100). As soon as I get I will report  is it work or not.

Robert

profile.country.GB.title
djlman
Explorer

Just updated to Android 9 on my KD-55XD8005 TV with the SWF-BR100 and I too am unable to pair them anymore. Was working fine before the update. 

Have done all the usual things.. reset the TV to factory settings, unplugged/powered down the sub, etc. Nothing works. 

I was really happy with the sound from the TV and sub, but now like everyone else I’m left with a dead box, and rubbish sound. 

Looking forward to see if anyone gets anywhere with this. 

profile.country.GB.title
88Paul

Hi

I originally thought it was something I had done, but like you, I now have a TV with sub standard sound. What I would suggest is maybe reporting an issue to Sony UK. I have and it has been passed to the support team. I can only hope that they will recognise a problem and correct it in a future release of software!

In the mean time, keep checking back and see if anyone has a solution. If you care to read back in this thread, one chap has purchased a new UWT-BR100 transceiver, hoping that this is the problem. He will be updating us when it arrives, we will then see if the software has somehow broken his original or it is the software on the TV itself.

Lets hope it all gets a resolution sometime soon........

Any updates from anyone, please add to this thread.

Thanks....Paul

profile.country.GB.title
djlman
Explorer

I’ve logged a support request and now hope there are enough people with the issue that they will do something about it. My concern is that this is combination of 5/6 year old technology that was niche at the time, and therefore won’t affect many people.