Join now - be part of our community!

Sony TV's & Customer care - Appalling!

danjames84
Explorer

Sony TV's & Customer care - Appalling!

Having spent near a £1000 on a new, but albeit faulty TV (Kdl50w805cbu) & sound system, I am appalled at the after care. The TV is just under 2 months old and has clusters of dead pixels (5, possibly more near the centre of screen), also an issue with the screen auto dimming when all related options are turned off.
Firstly told by customer service that it would be swapped with a brand new replacement, great, exactly what I paid for. Now being told that I'll receive a refurbished replacement which in my opinion is pretty unfair with the money spent. If I wanted refurbished, I'd have bought one. Also, if this can go wrong with brand new stock, God knows what can go wrong with a refurbished item. Expected much better from Sony. Will be looking elsewhere from now on, the attitude of the customer service reps is disgusting and the latest models seem like complete trash, that's without a mention of the awful buggy software which often prevents the TV from even being switched off! Anyone thinking of a purchase, do yourself a favour and stick with Samsung!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry that you arnt happy.  Unfortunately Sony will not guarantee a new replacement.  Sometimes they do, other times its refurbished.  However Sony would have that refurbished tv all signed off as fully working.

However as i said in your first post HERE, your contact is with the retailer you purchased it from (i.e. Argos), and hence should contact them for exchange, repairs, refund etc.

Cheers

danjames84
Explorer

Hi there, thank you for the response. I took your advice and contacted Argos, they advised that they would only offer a refund and not a replacement or repair. Hence the reason for my going down the Sony route. Just don't see why I should pay for a brand new TV and get a second hand one!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I fully understand where you are coming from though in regards to refurbished, as i too would not be happy.  Ive questioned this with Sony in the past. But unfortunately its their policy.

Just make sure they transfer your warranty over to the replacement one - so you will need to provide serial numbers after you get it.