Join now - be part of our community!

KD65XD9305 picture settings - newbie -

stephen7150
Explorer

KD65XD9305 picture settings - newbie -

I have decided to fork out on a good quality good sized TV and purchased Sonys flagship model KD65XD9305 on Tuesday afternoon. I was wondering if anybody could give me some recommendations for making picture quaility better, (some of this stuff might sound basic, i dont normaly post on internet so please bear with me)

I had a samsung 48inch Ultra HD TV that cost only a fraction of the cost of my new sony model. I have BT sport in Ultra HD.  On my samsung there is a sports mode button and when I press it , it really brightens up the pitch and the colours really stand out.  I watched the match last night on my new 65inch and activated the "football mode" sony offers, although the picture is great I dont think the brightness is at the same as the samsung and on the sony it still can look quite dull at times (especially playing fifa on sony compared to the samsung) 

I have read that these TV's need tweeked to get the colours right ect.... I was wondering does anybody else have this TV and have any advice on how to alter it? Im still getting used to it and trying to use the TV itself, It is the flagship model and advertsied as HDR with bright images so im a little confused as to why the images are not as bright as my cheaper samsung.

Any advise much appeciated , many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

First thing to do is turn OFF the light sensor in the picture settings.

Problem with recommending settings is that each persons tastes and situation is different,  you might want a brighter screen, because you get more sunlight in your room than someone else etc etc.

To be honest, it is best to tweek slowly.  Have a read of this:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/our-definitive-guide-to-the-perfect-tv-...

Cheers

stephen7150
Explorer

Thanks very much for reply, I will have a go once I finish work today :slight_smile: