Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A8H Burn in?

profile.country.GB.title
zi9pwoc

Sony A8H Burn in?

Hi all, so I purchased a Sony A8H about 2 weeks ago and have been loving it so far.
Tonight I was watching a series on amazon prime and when the scene switched to grey doors in the background, I noticed some bars across the bottom. (The TV had been on for around 4 or 5 hours if that makes any difference) so I went onto YouTube to do a burn in test and all colours were perfectly fine, apart from dark grey where its showing very symmetrical image retention/burn in. I can't for the life of me think what it could be from as its so symmetrical. Which leads me to my question, is this actual burn in? I mean I've read you can leave the TV on news channels for hours upon days for months and still not get retention, so how can I possibly get this after 2 weeks? I vary my content all the time, have all options to prevent burn in on, screensaver after 5mins and I always keep brightness quite low as I watch TV in the bedroom so it's a dark room. Anyways please see my picture, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Oh and I did purchase 5 year burn in warranty from JL when I purchased.

20201230_001216.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@zi9pwoc 

Are you sure that is an OLED, brand new 2 weeks ago, and not an old, tired, LCD with clouding issues? Back to JL with it!

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, I'm not sure if it's a screen burn or not as the picture is taken from a distance. But if it is try the steps here: Panel refresh

profile.country.GB.title
zi9pwoc

Hi, I shouldn't have to carry out a panel refresh after 2 weeks though? especially when I haven't mistreated the panel in any way.  I have contacted John Lewis and they are looking at the pictures I have sent them, most likely going to replace with a new TV (hopefully) if not I will at least fight my corner as the TV is so new. 

profile.country.GB.title
Happyrobot

JL HAVE to give you a new one within 30 days. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

I agree, if it's within 30 days they might be able to replace it.

profile.country.GB.title
Happyrobot

Just to clarify, there is no might here. The law says they have to replace or refund at your choice, unless a replacement is not available.

Also if a fault is seen within 30 days the onus is on the company to prove it was not there when manufactured, which would be impossible in this case and you are protected by law. 

profile.country.GB.title
zi9pwoc

Just to let you know, John Lewis replaced the TV no questions asked.. as clearly it was faulty.