Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 2015 Android TV terrible multiple problems

Blair287
Explorer

Sony 2015 Android TV terrible multiple problems

Hello, Have quite a few issues with my new tv KD49X8309

1) The touch remote I bought will not connect to the TV I intialized it as per the instructions light blinked twice then turned the TV on and tried to pair the red LED blinks but the TV does nothing, took it back swapped for a replacement and this one does the exact same thing I can't belive they sold me this peice of junk.

2) The EPG does not work with satalite this was conviently left out of the details when buying it whilst talking to the Sony rep so this also means I can't record as I can't see anything to record.

3) brightness settings only seems to be for and input and can not adjust the brightness for the adndroid TV part regardless if its set to min or max the TV side looks different but the android TV side app's etc does not change and yes light sensor is turned off.

most of these are deal breakers for me and am seriously thinking about returning it as un fit for purpose.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im going to answer your second issue - as if its a deal breaker then the other two are a mute point.

Sony's TVs are NOT Freesat compliant.  Please see the following link :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/sony-bravia-tv-epg-quot-no-event-information-quot-on-fre...

Cheers