Join now - be part of our community!

RMF-TX100e Touch remote will Marshmallow still support it on 2015 TV's

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

RMF-TX100e Touch remote will Marshmallow still support it on 2015 TV's

I guess this post is directed at Quinnicus as he seems to be the best person to get answers from Sony.

I have a 2015 KD49X8305 which has gremlins but not it appears as many as other here with TV's running lollipop.

I purchased a RMF-TX100E touchpad remote with which I find the voice search really usefull, its running quite well on Lollipop V 5.1.1

My sister in law recently bought a KD-50SD8005 and I purchased a RMF-TX100E for them but it wouldn't work, it pairs OK but none of the functions work.

I checked their software and it was V 6.0.1 so my question is when 2015 and early 2016 TV's finally get Marshmallow will the RMF-TX100E still be supported?

The KD-50SD8005 running V 6.0.1 still has the option of setting up voice control but the on screen instructions within settings show a conventional looking remote control with an extra button with a microphone on it.

Incidently I noticed you can still obtain the RMF-TX100E from Sony.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I would want to 100% guarantee anything, but it would be pretty poor show by Sony if it was rendered incompatible.  Some reasons:

• The 2015 TVs where heavily marketed with features such as voice control
  • There will be a slight difference in the Marshmallow firmware between 2015/2016 TVs and the latter 2016 TVs that have Marshmallow pre-built into it.
  • I have not seen any complaints about incompatibility of the touch remote in the US (which recently got the upgrade)

So thinking logically, I cannot see any reason why it shouldnt work when Sony eventually release Marshmallow to UK/EU region.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

Thanks for your wise and reassuring logic, it would be a great shame if support for the RMF-TX100E was dropped  for 2015/16 TV's when Marshmallow arrives as it really is an excellent feature indeed one of their strongpoints IMHO.

I'm sure Sony will read this post and perhaps it will even strengthen the case for it.