Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Android TV - Install firmware from other region

benpop9
New

2015 Android TV - Install firmware from other region

I own a Sony 50W807C android tv but moving out to Australia soon. Is it possible to install a firmware version of one of the Australian models like the 50W800C or am I just doomed to sell the TV and buy a new one down there?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Officially it is not advised to install other regions firmware.  TVs are developed for each geographical region differently.  If you have no choice in doing so (also voiding your warranty), then it 'might' install if the firmware version is higher than the current one installed.

Once you take into account of shipping costs to move the TV from one country to the next, it is normally more economical to sell the current tv and purchase another one in the destination country.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

I also agree . At your own risk I was thinking of doing the same thing as getting fed up waitng for sony to relase Andriod 6.01 for our much needed 2015 sets .

Your most likely to brick the TV for sure sell it would be better as you would void the warranty !! .

You may be lucky and it may work as long as its the excaptly the same model .The new Andriod 6.01 software has been made avalable for my TV in the US last year annyoingly and still not for the UK/EU .

mine is KD-43x8307C the US model is the same just XBR-X43X8307C but as it has been explained to me by Sony tech UK even if it did work the drivers would be differnt and some of the hardware may be differnt plus even if it boots up and something went a month later you would not be able to claim on the warranty .