Join now - be part of our community!

New Firmware April 12

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

New Firmware April 12

Today I can see a new firmware is available through TV settings.

But, I do not see this available for download and install from usb.

KD-55X8508C

61 REPLIES 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sony.4k and anyone else eith Netflix.  What content is there in HDR on Netflix at this moment?  Is there a different between regions (i.e. US to UK)?

sony.4k
Explorer

As of now, in the UK Netflix, I could only see Marco Polo listed as being 'HDR'. All other 4K titles are listed as '4K UltraHD'. Will try the US later on and will post back.

profile.country.GB.title
rnbetsy

Downloading the update now for my 55X8509C, will update this post with Netflix status post update..

EDIT: Netflix works fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, Netflix seems to be up and running again.  Confirmed that it now works for me, when it didnt before.  nothing changed my end, presume Sony/Netflix resolved this

profile.country.GB.title
Dave_E
Explorer

Just checked and my '55 loaded with no problems.  I don't use netflix so that doesn't concern me.

It would be nice to see the release notes and discover what the benefits of the upgrade are meant to be.

Triggered the upgrade on my '49 anyway, as the servers are quiet at this time of night.

Let's just hope they haven't broken anything important....

Tye1991
Explorer

Still not working for me 😞 

I will try restoring to default settings this evening after work to see if that helps get rid of any lingering bugs. 

heathffields
Explorer

Netflix is still not working for me, KD-55X8509C, BT home hub 3.
chbjerg

Why is there still no release information about this update. Sony site still states the feb update as the latest

profile.country.GR.title
NPatri
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor