Join now - be part of our community!

New Firmware April 12

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

New Firmware April 12

Today I can see a new firmware is available through TV settings.

But, I do not see this available for download and install from usb.

KD-55X8508C

61 REPLIES 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @NPatri

I believe i saw posts on the German and Italian forums to state that they have the new FW.  So, im sure it'll come to you.

On a side note - its about time UK got it first :p.  LOL

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

Any release notes for this version yet? It'd be great to know what it's supposed to have fixed. Incidentally it took over 90mins to download and update, really terrible. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@NPatri

Yes as Quinnicus says rest of EU updates through television only.

None can download for USB installation yet.

profile.country.GR.title
NPatri

I was taking a look at the german forum about 3.395, no mention about Netflix yet...

badanas
New

I am getting too the Netflix problem in Switzerland with new fw Europe B version

on old fw Netflix worked without problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrisbrowe wrote:

Any release notes for this version yet? It'd be great to know what it's supposed to have fixed. Incidentally it took over 90mins to download and update, really terrible. 

Thats probably because everyone is hitting the servers/network.  Mine zoomed throughnin no time :slight_smile:

profile.country.GR.title
NPatri

So @Anonymous, I believe people using Netflix should NOT update until further notice..!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NPatri wrote:

So @Anonymous, I believe people using Netflix should NOT update until further notice..!

As its pushed OTA - many wont have a choice, unless Sony pull the update.  But im still waiting to hear more info... 

Jimmyjamh
Explorer

@Quinnicus wrote:

@NPatri wrote:

As its pushed OTA - many wont have a choice, unless Sony pull the update.  But im still waiting to hear more info... 

@Anonymous. Just to keep you updated. I've updated my KDL50W807C and have no obvious issues at the moment. Update took around 25 minutes. Netflix is still working OK for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Someone on the AV forums has also updated and their netflix works :slight_smile: