Join now - be part of our community!

New 2016 TV View

profile.country.IE.title
dearg1

New 2016 TV View

Does anybody have any thoughts on the new 2016 range after the fiasco of last year's range , , after all the negative experiences of the new android TV's , I reluctantly settled for a Samsung 55JU 7000 after my old set packed up , but despite excellent picture quality I am not overly impressed by the Samsung interface and am considering going back to my usual Sony . 

However there seems to be very little comparison to specs out there with last year's models to suggest they are much if any different technically to last year's models, ( I know a lot of people felt these sets were underpowered which contributed to a lot of the well documented issues ) . I see some of the new models are starting to ship , does anybody have any info regarding their overall impressions with initial reviewers and their comparisons with 2015 TV's.

Looking forward to others views

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can tell you on Monday or Tuesday - if no one answers by then.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It really depends on which model you're willing to go (and budget you have). There not so much review around (see http://www.cnet.com/products/sony-xbr-x930d/ ) still, but there is a lot of excitement around the new edge led technique adopted (on X93). I had the opportunity to have a close look to both XD93 and XD94 and of course the XD94 is really really impressing spotting a FALD panel in a very thin case. But we are talking about 75" and 7K EUR.... In the same spot there was also an XD85 75" and I have to say that it was gorgeous also this lower model showing 4K HDR videos

I'm glad to see that even if you were one of the people who surrended and exchanged a 2015 Android TV you are willing to go back... As you can see after the latest firmware the claims are far less and the actual Android OS is really working quite well. The new one will spot Marshmallow (as well as the 2015 models) and later on N version who promise to be a good step forward. Sony do not release the specification of the actual CPU used to run it so we have to wait someone who will check directly on the TVs

Bought a 32 inch kdl-32wd603 from John Lewis this week. Will let you Know how it goes next week.

profile.country.IE.title
dearg1

Hi, has anyone bought one of the 2016 4k models yet, if so what are your views, thoughts

Thanks