Join now - be part of our community!

Latest firmware update

profile.country.GB.title
valdelafougere
Explorer

Latest firmware update

Hi my KD-43XD8088 tv was updated yesterday and I have lost bbc iplayer, my5 and itvhub- message 'this feature is unavailable'. This is very disappointing as it is only 4 years old. Is this something I can fix myself or are Sony just determined to push their own pay-for apps? I've done a reboot and turned it off at the wall etc.

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, could you try disconnecting the YouView box? Also try going into the apps and clear cache and data from YouView, then re-enable it again, let us know the outcome.

profile.country.GB.title
valdelafougere
Explorer

Thanks for this. Successful, but no improvement!
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Although you shouldn't have to there are versions of the catch up apps that can be sideloaded. You then add them to apps and favourites to launch directly rather than via the youview TV guide. 

I use them on my XF.  If you decide to go this route note you can add the Channel 5 app directly from Google play, the others you sideload. In order to use itv and ch4 you still need to accept youview terms and conditions in setup, but don't need to have youview turned on. Apps can be found on github, Google search for Hoshsadiq

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

On re adding apps to favourites I didn't think you could add apps that are in Sony Select to favourites, so thinking about it not sure how they were available in home to start with, unless the XD was different and allowed that

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi valdelafougere, can you add a pic of the Home screen on the thread?

I found the below articles, however, they're only for YouView and addressing a different software version:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00254819

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00254818

profile.country.GB.title
valdelafougere
Explorer

Thanks. I'll look at those!