Join now - be part of our community!

Kd55xf9005 hdd problem

SOLVED
profile.country.RO.title
Miti74
Explorer

Kd55xf9005 hdd problem

I have connected 2 1tb hdd and they work just fine, but when tv is in standby they (hdd) still spining and the led is on, i don't think this is normal.

Anyone has this problem? Anyone know how to fixit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Miti74,

Welcome to the Sony Community! You are totally correct if you were referring to an external HDD connected to a PC or laptop in standby mode. However your TV is different in many ways to a PC or laptop. This means also that the software running on your TV has functions and requirements very much different to a computer. In fact the software in your TV never falls into standby mode like a conventional computer, it remains running in the background as long as it is provided with current, it is only the screen circuit which is disabled when you switch off the TV. So what you have noticed is fairly normal for your Android TV. There is no reason for you to be concerned. For optimal performance and efficiency I recommend you make use of HDD's or SSD's which are designed specifically for 24/7 DVR and NVR surveillance or AV solutions.

Cheers,

Dutchice

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Miti74,

Welcome to the Sony Community! You are totally correct if you were referring to an external HDD connected to a PC or laptop in standby mode. However your TV is different in many ways to a PC or laptop. This means also that the software running on your TV has functions and requirements very much different to a computer. In fact the software in your TV never falls into standby mode like a conventional computer, it remains running in the background as long as it is provided with current, it is only the screen circuit which is disabled when you switch off the TV. So what you have noticed is fairly normal for your Android TV. There is no reason for you to be concerned. For optimal performance and efficiency I recommend you make use of HDD's or SSD's which are designed specifically for 24/7 DVR and NVR surveillance or AV solutions.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Dunsford
New

I have the same problem. HDD starts up and then stops continuously since the new Sony TV firmware update October 2024. Wasn't doing that before the update.