Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C Constant Network Issues

profile.country.GB.title
dan_88
Explorer

KD-49X8305C Constant Network Issues

Hi Everyone,

I have the KD-49X8305C, purchased in August. I have CONSTANT network connectivity problems. 

As the TV sits above the router, its wired via ethernet.

So every evening, we turn the TV on and have to go through a list of ways of getting the TV online, and its just pure luck on the day as to which one will work!

When I go down the home screen, it shows the ethernet symbol with a little exclamation sign. Sometimes its just as simple as clicking into that menu, then to wired, and it magically gets an IP and it works. 

Other times, I have to sit there, restart the TV, or restart the router (I have a BT Smart Hub 6, btw, does this router have compatibility problems with this TV??) 

Sometimes, I notice that the IP that the TV has listed (when it doesnt work) starts 169.x.x.x where in reality, my network had 192.168.1.x type addresses. Normally devices get 169 address when they're self assigned arent they??

I've also added the same BT Hubs Wifi just to see if that works, but I still struggle with that, which makes me think its more TV related than router?

I have tried lots of new patch cables (thanks work!) and tried all 4 ports on the BT Smart Hub. 

I consider myself a bit of a geek when it comes to tech, and I am seriously at a loss!

If anybody has ANY suggestions it'll be appreciated!

Thanks All, 

Dan :slight_smile:

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
dan_88
Explorer

Hi All,

Just wanted to put a note on here - I tried a full reset and it seems to have sorted my network issues! Apologies for not replying to your questions / suggestions, and I appreciate all of your input!

Now..... if anyone can tell me when Android Marshmallow is going to be released or even if we was skipping straight to Nougat that would be great! :yahoo:

Happy New Year everyone!!

profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

I too thought I had fixed it by factory resetting, once the new 6.01 build is on there. It does work for about two weeks then goes back to intermittent as before. A couple of reboots seems to make it last for another two weeks.
Still some way to go I think.

[http://static.ideasunplugged.com/signature/s_182/t_rbUplx.jpg?v=51]
Cheers, Mike.

Sorry for any brevity or mistakes but this is mobile email and therefore error prone.
[Web][Email][Facebook][Twitter][LinkedIn][Instagram][Skype][WordPress]