Join now - be part of our community!

headphones and speakers Can I get Sound on Headphones and speakers at the same time on my KD48A9

profile.country.GB.title
lindane
Explorer

headphones and speakers Can I get Sound on Headphones and speakers at the same time on my KD48A9

bold

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, I hate to deliver the bad news, according to the manual you can't.. https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/haep1/v1/en/08-05_09.html?hl=headphones

profile.country.GB.title
lindane
Explorer

Dear Hannah,
I am told by John Lewis who sold us the KD-48A9 that we could get simultaneous sound by using a separate TOS optical cable to make the link to the headphones.
Can I??
Geof Harvey
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@lindane 

If you read the paragraph of @HannahEd01 ‘s posted link below the one that bears the bad news, it describes how to have the speakers and the Optical Out on at the same time.

So she gave you the good news along with the bad news 😛

And yes, if you do what it says there, and obtain yourself a converter from optical to headphones (Bluetooth? Analogue? You don’t say, but make sure you get the right sort), you can run both at once.

Converters are readily available on Amazon, and no doubt elsewhere, but I have no practical experience that would let me recommend any particular one over any other.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
lindane
Explorer

Dear Royabrown 2

Thanks for your help. The headphones are bluetooth Sennheiser Rs 165. Does using an optical output to the headphones  reduce the sound quality on theTV ?( I use a Beam as well as the TV sound using an HDMI connection ) I would there for have Two sound connections.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@lindane 

No, I don’t believe it does reduce the sound quality.

I think there are two separate paths, or else the limitations on optical would drag down ARC/eARC.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi lindane, you can try that, but I don't know for "sure" that it will work or not.. depends on the converter.