Join now - be part of our community!

Downloading manual for 49xd8088

tonyramsden
Explorer

Downloading manual for 49xd8088

I've just bought this TV and as it's my first Smart TV I want to download the manual. I've tried to do it several times via the Sony website but, each time, I've got a pop up message saying, 'Oops! There was a problem previewing this document.'  Then it lists several apps for me to try but none of them work for me. The manual is in pdf format and I've never had a problem opening pdfs with Adobe so what's going on? I've tried to send this query to Sony but their website is painfully slow and, worse still, it wouldn't send my enquiry email, I feel very frustrated so I'll be grateful for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

On my computer is perfectly working ....Reference Guide (35.43 Mb) KD-49XD8088

tonyramsden
Explorer

Thanks for that. I finally managed to open the pdf using Firefox instead of Chrome but I needn't have bothered because the document is exactly the same as the hard copy that came with the TV. Effectively all it tells you is what the connections are and what the remote buttons do. I'm not very impressed with the onscreen help, either.

Oh for the days when a nice comprehensive manual that you could refer to came with what you bought!

I'm very impressed with the TV, though........

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There is also an online web manual which is different.  See:

http://helpguide.sony.net//tv/daep1/v1/en/index.html

However, each year I keep saying that Sony cannot get any worse with its TV manuals, and each year I am wrong - they do get worse!  I have bought this up with them numerous times, but nothing changes.

However if you do get stuck or need help on anything, please post on this community - if we can help, we will

Cheers

tonyramsden
Explorer

Many thanks for the link. It's certainly more helpful but still not comprehensive.

The TV which this one replaced was a 10 year old Sony and that came with a 'proper' paper manual so I was expecting something similar, more fool me. OK, I may be a dinosaur but, as we all know, what others would have us see as progress is often exactly the opposite.

Cheers.