Join now - be part of our community!

Digital Input Lost

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

Digital Input Lost

Hi all, 

For the second time in a fortnight, since updating to the latest firmware. My digital input has reverted to a black screen, with no picture and no sound. Pressing the (i) button confirms the channel number but no programme information. 

I cleared the issue last time, and I guess that will do the trick again. 

I don't think this is in Quinnicus's issues list, so I guess this is just me? 

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Matt1119

Have you read the suggestion in the replies in this thread by any chance - as they are still valid?

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also for the people having issues.  One potential resolution is a method called 'blanking'

1. Disconnect the aerial cable from the TV
  2. Do a full re-tune of the TV and then save channels.  This will effectively 'blank' the channels
  3. Re-connect the aerial cable
  4. Do another full re-tune of the TV and if all goes well, the channels will be restored.

Cheers

Matt1119
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for suggestions and I have tried all of those (use another TV cable, isolate it from hdmi and a/c cables, factory reset, retune with and without the cable, etc). They all give the same result so far as no services have been found. 

Not sure if the wet weather is making any difference to the signal strength and guess I will just try again on a sunny day. 

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you are picking up absolutely nothing and its been going on for a number of days now, this would probably indicate an aerial issue on your roof (or loft) - if you can test it using another TV, just to absolutely rule out the TV being the issue, it might be best to call an aerial technican to look at your aerial. 

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Matt1119

As Quinnicus wrote the best is to check with another TV or with another external Freeview box on same aerial cable beside your TV.

Another way to check signal is manually.

Goto Settings - Channel setup - Digital setup - Digital Tuning - Digital Manual Tuning.

Select the Channel number of e.g. C27. Press C then up-down arrow on remote till 27 then Enter on remote then press Back on remote.

You will see at bottom of screen a Signal Level and a Signal Quality. Both must be yellow to green. If red there is an issue with your aerial or cable. If no signal at all, this could be your aerial, cable or TV hardware.

Try also to perform a Self Diagnostics. Press Help on remote, select Self diagnostics(Check the internal system), press Start. Check if an error appears as a result.