Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia won’t connect to new WiFi password

profile.country.IE.title
Lesleytkeen
New

Bravia won’t connect to new WiFi password

So I changed my xfinity WiFi password on my router. The iPads and phones work fine but the TV’s keep saying wrong password and It’s RIGHT! I’ve even done a factory reset on one tv and it’s still not accepting the knew password. Router has been unplugged and restarted too. HELP

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Lesley,

That's disconcerting. Have you checked with your ISP? As sometimes this conflict can be attributed to the router WiFi settings. And by Xfinity, you mean the USA cable company, right?

If i were you, I'd try a mobile hotspot to find out the cause of the issue.

Also can you share with us your Bravia Model number and the outcome of the steps mentioned above?

All the best,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.GB.title
Calib_Moxley
Explorer

Same here. I tried connecting to three different APs. This problem started after 02/2020 version upgrade. Sony KD-55AF9

profile.country.GB.title
Chuckbland
New

We have a new 75 inch Bravia and about every other day it drops the Internet connection.  Then when I try to reconnect it says I have the wrong password.  So I tell it to forget that network, then reenter what I know is the right password and it still says the password is wrong.  I have been successful in turning wifi off on the tv and then turning it back on again under settings and then reentering the password, but this is a real pain to do every other day!

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

I would try to use personal hotspot and connect it to my TV, try to use simple password like(1-9).