Join now - be part of our community!

Brand new Sony Bravia TV . No sound when viewing apps . IPlayer

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Paul.A.Thomas
Explorer

Brand new Sony Bravia TV . No sound when viewing apps . IPlayer

I can’t get any sound from my new Bravia TV . When viewing apps such as IPlayer .

Any help would be much appreciated .

42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.GB.title
Peterd83
Explorer

I also installed this update on our KD48A9 today - will be monitoring any changes with interest.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
MaryKin

Hi glad to hear you’ve got your sound back. We too have had no sound problems in apps since the update - since it was intermittent before we are just hoping that’s a permanent fix.
I’m very curious about your comment about ‘green button to restart from beginning’. We too have an XH8505 but do not have (and never have had) any option to start programme from the beginning. (We have that in our Manhattan pvr but I thought it wasn’t an option in the Sony app). The only functionality of our green button seems to be to move the guide to ‘on now’. Can you shed any light? Are you in the UK - I found an article suggest functionality varies between countries. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Sarsentrekker10

@MaryKin @Yes, I’m in the UK.

Did you do a restart after updating?

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/haep1/v1/en/08-01_03.html

That was a necessary step on mine.

profile.country.GB.title
Petebr

Haven’t had any sound problems since the update, which is great;

but the tv has rebooted in the middle of streaming for no apparent reason. Anybody else experienced this?

profile.country.GB.title
Bob1771
Explorer

Unfortunately, the software update has not fixed my XH80 - suffered the same thing immediately after switching on. Sound was OK on TV, but no sound switching to iplayer or All4. Fixed by a full power off reset.

profile.country.GB.title
MaryKin

That’s very disappointing Bob. One of the people who replied on this thread said that a soft reset was required after the software update - we did that on his recommendation although we got no message from the TV that we should do this. Since the update and the soft reset we haven’t had any problems although we haven’t actually watched many programmes on catch up over the past few days. I’m hoping for you that the soft reset you did might have ‘fully installed’ the update and that maybe the problem will be resolved for you.
profile.country.GB.title
Petebr

Can also confirm the sound bug still present in my 47a9 with the latest update, in addition to the random switching off and inability to stop subtitles constantly reappearing ( off in settings). I have to say this is my first Sony, and my impression of their tv software quality is not great. 

profile.country.GB.title
Peterd83
Explorer

First slight glitch on our KD48A9 since the update on Saturday - no sound when we entered iPlayer. Slightly different from the previous time, as going out and back in cured it (no soft reset needed). Still frustrating though! 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, try a factory reset after the update please: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00170595

It really helps. It's not something that Sony published anywhere, however, I've been advised that an update might need a factory reset to settle to your personal settings after.

profile.country.GB.title
MaryKin

Thanks for the suggestion Hannah but a factory reset is not something I really want to think about doing unless I absolutely have to. The thought of having to start from the beginning with setting up the TV just feels too daunting and time-consuming.