Join now - be part of our community!

Brand new Sony Bravia TV . No sound when viewing apps . IPlayer

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Paul.A.Thomas
Explorer

Brand new Sony Bravia TV . No sound when viewing apps . IPlayer

I can’t get any sound from my new Bravia TV . When viewing apps such as IPlayer .

Any help would be much appreciated .

42 REPLIES 42

I have reset the KD-43XH8196 several times by switching off at the mains because no sound in the Apps. Its tedious and irritating. We really need a permanent fix here Sony !!!

Tags (1)
Hectorthegreat
Explorer

Worked for me , cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MaryKin

I can’t count how many times we have had to do the soft reset (hold down power button til reset starts) to get the sound back in apps. We also have recurring problems with subtitles being on and unable to turn off either using the button on the remote or in settings. (We use subtitles for eg Scandi dramas but don’t want them on permanently). 
Our TV is 4 months old - its predecessor had far fewer features but far fewer problems too. 

Hippo1953
New

This worked for me to . But not good that you have to do this on a new tv 

profile.country.GB.title
Peterd83
Explorer

This has happened five times on our KD-48A9, which was purchased in November. It’s very irritating having to do a restart each time! If it was within the 30 day return period it may have gone back, as it’s unacceptable for very expensive TV (or a £200 one for that matter)

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team
profile.country.GB.title
Peterd83
Explorer

Hi, I did check via the TV, which said it was up to date (26th November is the current software release?)

Peter 

profile.country.GB.title
MaryKin

Hi Peter I couldn't open the link that Hannah sent but did find that it is possible to search on Sony website for updates for their TVs (new learning for me). I have checked and it says that the last firmware for your TV (and ours - an 8505 model) was end of November. Ours is set to automatically update anyway. I'm absolutely sure that the problem isn't to do with our TV being up to date. We have wondered if it could be anything to do with our BT YouView box which has been on its last legs for a while and has repeatedly asked us to reset it. We have just replaced that with a new Manhattan PVR. It will be interesting to see if the sounds in apps problem recurs. It is strange that it is an intermittent but repeating problem for several people.

profile.country.GB.title
Peterd83
Explorer

Hi, we have a Humax PVR connected to the TV, but is rarely used. I am convinced it’s a software problem, unfortunately making itself known just after 30 days. I did wonder if it was internet related, as all Youview stations were affected (All 4, ITV Hub etc), but Netflix has always worked perfectly (touching wood!). We have the TV plugged directly into the router.

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
MaryKin

The apps that are affected seem to be the same ones which can’t be used when recording from a second tuner. These apps I understand are the Sony version of the apps. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone