Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer UHD

profile.country.GB.title
Damohtc
Explorer

BBC iPlayer UHD

I have recently purchased as Sony 65XH90(UK) and non of the UHD content will play via iPlayer including the rest loop, all other content is fine. This is 2nd panel I’ve had with the same problem , my LG tv plays iPlayer UHD content fine so it’s definitely the Sony TV 

27 REPLIES 27
profile.country.GB.title
standinman
Explorer

The firmware is pkg6.7140.0358EUA

profile.country.GB.title
standinman
Explorer

It's the latest firmware making the android version9

profile.country.GB.title
kdhuk66

Latest Android 9 firmware version on XH85 is v. 6.4960.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xh85xx_x85xxh_xh91xx-series/kd-43xh8505/d...

H series TVs were built with Android 9 from the start

profile.country.GB.title
standinman
Explorer

I'm not sure if this helps but ,i manually installed the latest firmware ,from sony support using a usb drive,maybe there's a pending update for your firmware maybe on sony support,my update dated oct2020 .

I've had my set since march

and my only gripe is processor power !

profile.country.GB.title
kdhuk66

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xh85xx_x85xxh_xh91xx-series/kd-43xh8505/d...

It's very recent... 26th November 2020.

My TV installed it itself on the day after it was released.

I can't be completely sure but I don't think UHD streams on iPlayer worked on the previous firmware either

My installed software details are PKG6.4960.0628EUA . (This was always going to be diferent to any software on an XG series TV....?)

profile.country.GB.title
standinman
Explorer

Yes I'm sure your right,Let's hope they sort out the iplayer issue,it's funny though the some people with xg80 range of tv's seem to have the same issue,as you ?

profile.country.GB.title

Hi. My firmware is the same as yours. 
my UHD worked fine before this download on the 26th. Both BBC and Sony are working on it hopefully. 

profile.country.GB.title
kdhuk66

@08081979

What model is your TV?

profile.country.GB.title
kdhuk66

Ah! Ok... You're the Sony KD-48A9 guy?

So a 2020 model? Makes sense....

profile.country.GB.title

Yep that’s the one!