Join now - be part of our community!

Active 3D glasses...I'm so annoyed

hayabslee
Explorer

Active 3D glasses...I'm so annoyed

I have the BRAVIA KD55X8509C Smart 3D Ultra HD 4k 55" TV and now wish I hadn't had purchased it!!!!

I have been unable to find 3d glasses ANYWHERE!!!!  I spent £1500+ on a TV looking forwards to trying the 3D out and all I can see is a £50 pair on the Sony site.  I need 4 pairs so need to spend another £200!!!!!  When you look online at, say Samsung 3D glasses, you can buy glasses for £30 (and they're active 3D, too!)

I'm disgusted.  I'll be contacting Sony / Currys about this to get a refund on the TV....

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi hayabslee,

Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

I did a quick google search for 3D Glasses (TDG-BT500A) & there are a few stockist around but unfortunately they all appear to be around the same £45-£50 price..

hayabslee
Explorer

The annoying thing is - I mistakenly assumed these would work - http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/tv-accessories/smart-3d-tv-accessories/samsung-ssg-p5100...

However, they don't seem to pair up, despite them also being active 3D....

trancewarrior69
Explorer

I bought the exact same tv in may. I bought these 3d Active shutter glasses on amazon £14.99 each. They work perfectly with no problems. Click on link -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PJXUDMS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

I hope i've helped.

Kevin.

hayabslee
Explorer

Thanks, Kevin.  I've just ordered some via Amazon - will update here if they work (I hope they do!!)

Just as a heads-up, is there anything in particular I need to do to get them working is do I just pair them via the TV's bluetooth?

trancewarrior69
Explorer

All you need to do is -

1. Choose which hdmi port your using via 3d blu-ray player - e.g hdmi port 1.

2. Press action menu on controller, go to 3d settings, turn on 3D display Side by side or Over-Under.

3. Play 3D blu-ray.

4. Make sure bluetooth is (On) via the television.

5. Turn on Active 3D glasses for approx 5 secs [ you will hear a very quiet buzzing sound which is normal ] light on glasses will flash. The glasses will automatically pair with the bluetooth (make sure there fully charged).

enjoy your 3D experience.

Kevin.

Wicked177
Explorer

hello are these tvs worth buying and how good are they

kaklin
New

I followed the link you placed on here got the glasses but they will not work not sure what I need to do.  Is there a trick to get them to work?

Karen

trancewarrior69
Explorer

All you need to do is -

1. Choose which hdmi port your using via 3d blu-ray player - e.g hdmi port 1.

2. Press action menu on controller, go to 3d settings, turn on 3D display Side by side or Over-Under.

3. Play 3D blu-ray.

4. Make sure bluetooth is (On) via the television.

5. Turn on Active 3D glasses for approx 5 secs [ you will hear a very quiet buzzing sound which is normal ] light on glasses will flash. The glasses will automatically pair with the bluetooth (make sure there fully charged).

enjoy your 3D experience.

Kevin.

DarrellM
Explorer

The Samsung SSG-P51002 Active 3D Glasses work fine with my KDL-43W807C, I have 4 pairs. Infact the Sony representive I spoke to instore suggested I purchase them since they are much cheaper than the Sony glasses and the visual quality is excellent. The only drawback with them is that they are not rechargeable (which is fine, the batteries are cheap) and the glasses arms do not fold down. Other than that I cannot fault them.