Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.en_GB.title
orangeyred

I've received my Dualshock through the offer. I also bought from John Lewis. Did you purchase online or in store?

cozzykim

I bought mine from JL over the phone, paid with a Switch card and collected from the store an hour later.

They gave me an order confirmation at the counter and a letter which has the words "this is your receipt" in it, along with their address and VAT number.

I've spoken to about 4 different operators at Sony customer support, some have promised emails by return, some have told me that they never send return emails. Some have told me that the paperwork is insufficient, some have told me that it IS sufficient. JL have told me that the paperwork is standard for telephone purchases.

JL have also sent me another letter with all the details on one page which I've forwarded by email/PDF

SONY, I HAVE BOUGHT THIS HALF FINISHED TV IN GOOD FAITH, AND NOW YOU WON'T EVEN HONOUR YOUR OWN PROMOTION.

I'm really mad about this. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I'm sending details of this farce to Watchdog, I think there's a case for a class action and damages here.

alellio01

After months of phone calls, wasted promises, the final straw has broken,

Sony said, that they are not aware of any other faults with there andriod TV, so they would send an engineer to look at mine, This was a great idea, because i figured it might lead to some success in sony seeing things...

So the engineer rings me, "We cant come out to visit, until we have a full copy of your recipt, as the tv my be over a year old." (end conversation) <insert polite words here>

So sorry, but after 3 months of smacking my head against a wall. my TV is going back for a full refund.

Good luck.

profile.country.GB.title
mickwileman
Explorer

I have one the Picture on Freeview is really good,one of the best i have seen,had many Sony TVs but the picture is outstanding hope this helps.

Fran_M

Hi Cozzykim

I've sent you a private message with some information on your issue that we've received from Sony Support.

Thanks

Fran

cozzykim

Thanks Fran_M

I have indeed now received a confirmation email that my controller wil be issued.

thank you for your intervention, anger now somewhat subsided :slight_smile:

To be fair, it shouldn't have been this difficult or stressful, the bureaucracy getting in the way of good customer relations. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
orangeyred

What happened to Nico's status update on the August firmware?

Fran_M

Agreed, but glad to hear it's finally sorted!

Thanks for letting us know.

Fran

profile.country.GB.title
psp888

all gone quiet from him, probably means it's delay to end of next month, won't be surprised if it is.

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

Having been a good sony customer for many years with a long list of their products, one thing is certain if sony say something will be ready in August it will no doubt be some time in September.