Join now - be part of our community!

HELP NEEDED hard drive sony

Philippoussis
Visitor

HELP NEEDED hard drive sony

hi

i have a sony vaio vgn-fj1s,

i already bought extra intern memory so i have 1.5 total, is it better to take the old memory out and only use my 1 giga memory(does this makes the computers faster, because maybe the old memory slows everything down) or it doesnt affect the speed of the computer,

then my second question i want a faster computer so i want to buy a new hard drive,
they told me that a 7200 rpm hard drive is really fast but does a 7200 rpm fits in the sony vaio( i know not all desktop pc can have 7200),
and does anyone know a good link for a good hard drive it just needs to be fast...

thnx a lot!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

This is probably due to memory timing, if it's different then there's a bottleneck, 1GB is a good amount of RAM

7200RPM is the fastest, you need to get a 2,5" drive, have a look at the Hitatchi series, they are energy efficient and therefore your battery will last longer

Philippoussis
Visitor

Hi

This is probably due to memory timing, if it's different then there's a bottleneck, 1GB is a good amount of RAM

7200RPM is the fastest, you need to get a 2,5" drive, have a look at the Hitatchi series, they are energy efficient and therefore your battery will last longer

ok thank you,

so it is proberbly bettr if i take my old one out and only put the new one in, and what about the 7200 rpm it will fit in my vaio because i dont know if i have a 2.5 drive i just have disk drive in it..

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Phillippoussis,

Have a look at this review.

2.5 inch 7200 rpm Hard Disc Review

:slight_smile:

Philippoussis
Visitor

thank you for this site!!,

than i have one last question do these drive 2.5' fit in my notebook (vgn-fj1s)...

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

They fit perfectly

As for the RAM, use the new modules