Join now - be part of our community!

window installer '' preparing to install'' always flushing on window

profile.country.en_GB.title
jojomagos
Visitor

window installer '' preparing to install'' always flushing on window

something wrong w/ my lap top window installer ''preparing to install'' always appears & flushing on window but it won't continue. Error 1921 service vaio content metadata intelligent analyzing manager ( vcmlAlz-mgr) could not stopped. verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services''  will appear also on window. please help how to stop this things. and lastly Error 1706 media gallery will appear. thank you so mch. sony vaio w7 i3 is my laptop

Message was edited by: jojomagos

Message was edited by: jojomagos

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.it_IT.title
brohita
Visitor

i have the same problem.

have you find a solution???

SaulMageste
Visitor

I am having the same problem with my recently bought Sony Vaio notebook, And it looks like Sony doesn't care about resolving this problem for us.

I am brazilian and I have searched the whole internet about this and this is the only page on the web with 3 people with the same problem.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg819/scaled.php?server=819&filename=errorvaio.png&res=landing

I have seen the post dates and it all has happened recently.

I have not yet updated my Sony Vaio using Care because of my internet connection, so I hope that updating it will solve my problem.

I bought this Sony Vaio so I wouldn't need to format it because it is only being used for college stuff and these files can't dissapear.

I have run every app you can think of, Kaspersky IS, Kaspersky TDSS Killer, Microsoft Security Essentials and whatever app to clean the registry, ccleaner, frontline registry editor and so on.

SO COULD ANYONE FROM SONY ANSWER TOPIC?   

I have attached a full log of my actions on my notebook to try to figure out where is the problem and so far nothing yet. https://rapidshare.com/files/3613459512/Sony_Vaio_Error.rar

peshyxp
Visitor

To be quite honest guys unless its a straightforward issue you could spend an eternity trying to seek a solution to the problem and waste many a valuable hour

That is the beauty of Windows - occasionally you get some random error for no reason and it proves difficult to resolve

I would strongly suggest you back up all your word excel pictures music files etc and just do a full system recovery using the preinstalled recovery software

Trust me its the most hassle free remedy guaranteed to work 100% in my opinion since you could waste many a hour trying various things to address the fault

Your machine will then be as factory new - if the problem reoccurs soon after then you may well have to seek assistance from Sony direct

Hope this rather obvious solution helps and let us know how you get on

profile.country.da_DK.title
janbac
Visitor

I have same problems for loong time. Did you fix the problem... and if... HOW ?

Heisable
New

Can somebody help. I have this same problem on my sony vaio. In my case, windows installer is trying to installmedia gallery. it always end up with an error message 1921.

profile.country.el_GR.title
Fender67
Explorer

" That is the beauty of Windows - occasionally you get some random error for no reason and it proves difficult to resolve"

It's "nice" to blame Windows because Sony has released a faulty installer.

The solution is very simple, I already did it on 2 of my Vaio's.

Get rid of Media Gallery and all the associated services and dependencies, but you will find that it's less difficult to say than perform.

I've done this with 2 x W7 x64 systems with no issues but don't know if it works as expected for W8/8.1

Unless Sony releases a patch, which I highly doubt, you won't be able to get rid of this warning.

Regards,

somupochi
Explorer

somupochi
Explorer

@brohita wrote:

i have the same problem.

have you find a solution???

mdm_79
New

Same problem. Has anyone found out anything yet?