Join now - be part of our community!

Why can I not find my model on the download site?

PaulHaworth
Visitor

Why can I not find my model on the download site?

I have model PCV 2236. It is not listed.email

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Have you tried putting your serial number in - that normally automatically takes you to the appropriate download page.

PaulHaworth
Visitor

Yes, I do, but it then asks for a choice and there is a long list where the PCV 2236 is not listed.
When that page with the choice comes up, the model PCV 322E is usually highlighted. Could that be it?

kee-lo_

That sounds like a non-european desktop....

PaulHaworth
Visitor

I bought in Wolverhampton at Comet. Should be European, and has been registered as such.

robpaxton
Explorer

Sony, in their wisdom, sometimes have two model numbers. EG - my PCG-GRX316SP has a model number on the backplate of PCG-8A1M.

I would check the spec of the one that is highlighted and see if it matches with your computer. I thought the 2236 was one of the RS series but I'm not sure . . .

kee-lo_

Ah I see

robpaxton
Explorer

I've had a look and PCV-RS322E is probably the real model number. Check the manuals on your computer and see if it matches with the above. I'm pretty sure that PCV-2236 isn't the model number that is normally advertised for that computer.

PaulHaworth
Visitor

Thanks, you are right, that settles the problem. Wasn;t sure if I was downloading the correct updates.

Paul