Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FZ21M screen fails on startup

profile.country.el_GR.title
kostas4392
Visitor

VGN-FZ21M screen fails on startup

Hi,

My computer seems to be working in good order but when i select the internet browser all the screen appears with many pixels..You cannot see and recognise nothing.After a few attempts to start my computer,finally comes with clear screen but this lasts for a few moments..after pixels again...

when i press the start button and see the windows logo i see it with many pixels....

I did the recovery from the hidden partition as better i could...but nothing..same result.

Is the graphic card damaged?the screen?

Also one friend of mine simutaneously he has the same problem to his vaio...

i cannot undestand nothing ...

i am very disappointed from sony

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try connecting an external monitor.  If the same thing happens then it is probably the graphics chip and you should contact Vaio Support as they offer a 4 year guarantee for nVidia graphics failures.

Have a look at this statement from Sony: -

http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=53420&l=en_GB&m=VGN-...

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
ankuve
Visitor

Hi

I have also VGN-FZ21M and the problem with graphic card. Yesterday I`ve contacted Sony about the problem. They arranged serice for my VAIO. Thay are going to send courier to pick up the laptop and it should take 5 working days to fix it. If the problem is graphic card Sony will cover the cost of repair during the first four years following the date of purchase.