Join now - be part of our community!

VGF-Ap1L question

haplo
Visitor

VGF-Ap1L question

Ello folks... I've had my 40GB vaio Pocket for about 8 months now, and I have only 1 problem... I now have a new laptop and want to get my music OFF the vaio pocket and onto it. I have SS 3.3 installed now (I HATE sonicstage with a vengeance) but it won't let me move anything from the vaio to the notebook, I suspect as the songs were initially copied to the vaio pocket on my old laptop, which has been erased and ebayed.

So... How do I get my music onto the new laptop?

Sonicstage backup just says there is no library, I assume because I should have backed it up on the old laptop before selling it, only I didn't know you could until a few minutes ago when I was trolling on here.

Damn idiotic proprietary software, I miss my Creative 'sync with anything with a hard drive) Jukebox.

2 REPLIES 2
Martingill
Visitor

I've had the same problem already once. Re-formatted my hard drive on my computer and then couldn't use my Vaio. Fortunately I had all my music on CD's as well so was able to reformat my Vaio and put on the music again. If you go into the Vaio through "My Computer" and find the music you should be able to transfer it back across again onto your computer. But I had the problem when trying to put more new music on my Vaio, wouldn't let me. SonicStage let me transfer it, but then when trying to play it, no sound came out and the loading button on the Vaio screen (four dots in the top right) just kept loading until i reset the Vaio. I do hate Sony software.

haplo
Visitor

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go. I can't stand the proprietary sony software, it puts me right off their products 😞