Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio external monitor

petestenny
Visitor

Vaio external monitor

I have a Vaio PCG-K315Z and originally had 2nd monitor option to allow me to use the 3.5mm jack output to 3 phonos for TV input. I also used to be able to switch between laptop screen, laptop screen and TV or just TV. This option no longer appears. Via control panel and display I now only have radeon as options for both monitor 1 and 2. How can I get the external monitor and switchabilty back?

Also I have a DTV USB stick to allow me to get freeview channels. I'm travelling to France will I be able to view their free to air channels in colour as they broadcast in Secam not PAL or will I only be able to view in black and white?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I know from Pal TVs which doesn't support secam, the picture is in black/white.

so, the fault could be your USB TV card.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Via control panel and display I now only have radeon as options for both monitor 1 and 2. How can I get the external monitor and switchabilty back?

From this I take it that you have no Displays tab in the Advanced options of Display Settings > Settings tab. If this is the case you will probably need to re-install the Video driver - you will find this in the pre-installed driver download, for your model, at Vaio-Link.
If, however, it is the Fn+F8 utility that is the problem then re-installing the utilities should solve this.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Also I have a DTV USB stick to allow me to get freeview channels. I'm travelling to France will I be able to view their free to air channels in colour as they broadcast in Secam not PAL or will I only be able to view in black and white?

When I brought my Intelevision games console to England in 1985 I couldn't get a picture from it, as it's SECAM, so it won't work the other way round

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

How can I get the external monitor and switchabilty back?

In Start > Vaio control centre > List > Plug and display, there is an option to enable 'Show display switching window when external display is connected' not sure if it's as simple as that though?

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

System restore to a time when you had both options