Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO drivers/softwares download issues.

profile.country.GB.title
faabate
Explorer

VAIO drivers/softwares download issues.

Hi everybody!

I have a notebook Sony-VAIO VPCF11Z1E/BI, and my VAIO Uptade software is not working properly. It detects a new update version, starts downloading but never finishes.

For this reason, I am now trying to download manually this software as well as some drivers updates, from the Sony-support europe webpage, but once I click on 'accept' on the driver or software wanted, the update won't start. Eventually, non of the chosen ones work. I've already disabled my anti-virus, reset my IE settings, tried on in another computer, but definitively the issue persists. This is one example of the webpage link problem: 'ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/VAIO/Updates/EP0000221850.exe. It cannnot be displayed.' I also have contacted the Sony support via online, but they do not give me any solution. They seem to not care about at all.

I've tried to find on here the Forum, but I could not find any clue also.

PLEASE, if anyone knows how to deal with this issue I would be very thankful for some help.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi faabate,

The link that you provided opens and downloads for me without problem using Firefox, albeit a tad slow at 100kB/sec.

I assume that you are trying to save the files to disk rather than open them? If so I suggest that you try again from time to time as the server can be a bit unpredictable at times.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat