Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio C series graphics

profile.country.en_GB.title
amalhaj
Visitor

Vaio C series graphics

Hi all,

I am planning to buy the new VAIO C series but I heard and read that there is a problem with the switching graphics/graphic card with some applications and games, can someone explain this problem?

14 REPLIES 14
amalhaj
Visitor

ok.. thank you blencogo. I have just ordered a vaio c and hopefully it will be wokring fine.

Do you think the problem only comes with CTO models only?  so if i buy already configurable model, it will not have this problem? most people now buy CTO

thanks again.

Message was edited by: amalhaj

Message was edited by: amalhaj

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Let's hope so amalhaj.

Which model have you ordered?

:thinking:

amalhaj
Visitor

VPC-CB2C  vaio c 15 inch.

Cocytus
New

I have that problem with my UK VAIO (VPCCA2C5E). I started a thread about the HDMI BSDO issue earlier but I also mentioned about graphics not switching. It works if you set the graphics to switched depending on the power source but not when you choose the other option. Adding applications to the list and setting "High performance" or the other option is totally pointless too as it doesn't affect anything.

amalhaj
Visitor

Cocytusl: so on your laptop you cannot swtich graphics?

if the graphics is switched to depending on power source, i think it some programs will not open as they require high performance gpu?!  depending on power source will use intel mainly.

by the way, why intel does not work with opengl-programs or -games? I guess most laptops have intel only and no problem. In our case, we also have intel  but it is not working with opengl files?