Join now - be part of our community!

vaio and bluetooth headsets - solutions?

wrstlprmpft
Visitor

vaio and bluetooth headsets - solutions?

did anybody succeed in using a bleutooth headset with a vaio notebook? (i am using the VGN-S1XP and a Logitech Headset)

As far as I can tell: The BluespaceNE application did not support the headset profile (or any other audio related profile, there was also no OBEX synchronization profile which really annoyed me), and now Windows XP SP2 added its own Micro$oft Bluetooth stack which, alas, does not support the headset profile either.

Does anybody know if it could work with the 2.2 variant of the BlueSpace software?

Did anybody succeed in using a third BlueTooth stack in Windows XP that includes the Headset profile (or is it called Handsfree?), and if so, how? 😉

[Searching the forum only brought up two other similar questions: one with no answer and another one with two links that are not helpful]

By the way does anybody know why the "e-support case" thing on the vaio-link site does not work and when it will be available again?

Cheers,
thanks for any info,
wrstlprmpft

13 REPLIES 13
wrstlprmpft
Visitor

VID 044e & PID 3007
same here on the Vaio S1XP

I am also thinking that it's an Alps device built with a CSR chip.

And... "weird" is an understatement. I think it's a joke, after all its a V.A.I.O.

Hope dies last... Santa Claus is propably the best idea :cool:

Qwerty-pt
Visitor

When we buy a VAIO, wich is an expensive piece of computing equipment, we expect to get what we paid for, wich is not the case with all this bluetooth problems, I have a VAIO VGN-S1XP and I want to use my Plantronics BT Headset to talk to people, using skype, wich I can't do, because of the lack of profiles, this isn't right, there should be a petition, or something, If we're paying for quality, that's what we should get.

WWW.LANFIELD.COM - Lan Party, south of Portugal, 6000¿ prize money

wrstlprmpft
Visitor

an excerpt from the email I got from Sony e-support:

Thank you for your e-mail,
This function is indeed not supported on the vaio, so it wont be possible to make a connetion through bluetooth with the headset. If new drivers or firmware would be released to support this, please notice you can find it on our website. Please go to our website www.vaio-link.com and select the `Drivers and Updates¿ link under the header `Downloads area¿.

I am not sure if "this function" refers to the headset profile in general or the support of SCO type links in hardware/firmware.

bad news for VAIO owners I guess.

zero_888
Visitor

Hi I tried this, but with no luck... I am using a PCG-Z1XMP so I changed the Buetooth Device ID to:

%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc11%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_044E&PID_3003

However after following all your steps I get the message "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware"

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul