Join now - be part of our community!

USB

Magikroom
Visitor

USB

I've got 2 Desktops, one has been dedicated for doing Music (P4 2.4ghz) and I got the Sony RZ502 for doing Web Stuff. I decided to swap PC's and have the sony handle all my music stuff, so I re-installed the factory disk and wiped everything and got the machine back up as it was when I first bought it.

I then opened it up and added a second Hard Drive and installed an EMU 1212m Soundcard. This all worked until I connected up a USB Midi Interface, the drivers installed and the device worked, I then added another USB device and did the same and all was working (only 2 USB devices connected). When I turned off the machine and turned it back on (the next day) it did not "wake" the USB devices and I had to un-plug and re-plug in the devices...this keeps happening...it forgets what it's done the day before! Could this be that the power supply is too small?

Also my Music Software (Cubase SX) keeps crashing...I have none of these problems with my older machine...have Sony made these "alter" proof...can we not upgrade these machines...I bought the Sony based on their name, but all I seem to be able to do is Surf the Net and write an odd DVD with this machine...not really worth the extra money.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

Getting a USB hub would probably help, had the same sort of thing with a DeLL.

Cubase should work fine with the VAIO, though it's not as good as on a standard PC, no idea why....

The latency isn't good is it?

chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi, Just a random thought, try removing Sonic Stage from the PC if you have it installed, I have had trouble with audio programmes conflicting with SS before.

Hope this helps.

C