Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to restore my laptop with system restore, error message 0x80070005, 0xc0000022 can anyone ple

profile.country.GB.title
newmee
Explorer

Unable to restore my laptop with system restore, error message 0x80070005, 0xc0000022 can anyone ple

posted twice deleted

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
newmee
Explorer

Hi guys

I have been having a problem for a while namely.

Some times when I switch on the laptop occasionally I have a blank screen, as this is usually fixed by rebooting I choose to ignore it.
Recently Windows installing windows most recent updates including these two: KB 4055532 and KB 4033342 plus three office updates might have caused a problem, windows sets a restore point before installing updates, and when the color of the taskbar and start menu changed to a pale grey on startup and when I tried to restore to the pre update I got this message.
"Failed to connect to a windows service.
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service, the problem prevents the standard user from logging on to the system.
As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log about the details why didn't respond"
after failed windows restore
"System restore did not complete successfully , your computer system files and settings were not changed. details system restore could not assess a file, this is probably because an AV is running on your computer etc (0xc0000022)
Could anyone suggest how I may fix the restore and hopefully the taskbar back to the default color?
PS is the change of color a symptom any other problem that I am not aware of

apoliges if posted twice, couldnt find the edit menu

PPS windows 7 64b, Sony VPCee3z0e

TIA

Apoligies