Join now - be part of our community!

Source on Vaio PCG-TR5MP

rufusteefirefly
Visitor

Source on Vaio PCG-TR5MP

I know the little sexy PCG-TR5MP is not the machine to demander the ultimate gaming experience, but since e.g. counterstrike: condition zero runs perfectly on the little fellow, I couldn't resist to try half life 2 and counterstrike:source. My Framerate in the CS:Source-Test is about 25 and it looks very impressive too.
I can get in the Games and even move around, but it seems that my processor/RAM isn't up to the task. So I tried to configure the Grafics in the Game to lowest on detail, shadow etc. But everytime I try to do this the Games just shut down and I'm back on my Desktop.
Would more RAM be helpful? Is there something like a Graphics-Card-Tool that I could use to make it work? Or should I just stop trying since theres no use anyway?

Or is there something like a USB-Grahpics Expander and If not, why not?

1 REPLY 1
Radijs
Visitor

Sorry to break the bad news to you rufus but your laptop just isnt up to the task. Its processor speed is really minimal but I couldnt find any info on its graphics card so I am assuming that its not impressive. There might be ways to increase the preformance of your laptop to such a point where it will run HL2 properly but I think those methods will shoot you far past ' simple tweaking' right into the realm of 'Warranty now void'.

Sorry but HL2 is out of the question. Maybe you could try wwww.schlockmercenary.com for some quality sci-fi entertainment.