Join now - be part of our community!

Need help setting computer up after harddrive failure

profile.country.en_GB.title
LenDove
Visitor

Need help setting computer up after harddrive failure

I have had to replace my harddrive after it failed today.  My warranty expired in August (naturally) and Sony wanted more money to fix it than i was willing to spend so i went for the next best thing and googled computer repair and they installed a new harddrive for me and re-installed windows 7.  That's where i have hit a snag.

I have updated windows fine but have none of my vaio software installed and i cannot find anywhere where i can download vaio care etc...  Please help.  My model is VPC2EE1E

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi LenDove and welcome.

Please check your model type again - is it a VPCEE2E1E?

If so, you can download most of the preinstalled software from the support website here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEE2E1E_WI/updates

Vaio Care is there along with most drivers an utility programs but there may be some software would only be available by buying replacement Recovery Discs from Vaio Support.

You will need to install from the "Preinstalled Drivers and Utility" section before installing the updates available in the 'Latest Updates' section.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
LenDove
Visitor

Thanks for the swift reply.  i had been to that page but hadn't completely seen the pre-installed section, (the joys of doing it with 3 very loud boys in the background!)  Will download and install those first.

Is there anywhere i can get hold of the Microsoft word starter as that also is gone and alas my budget does not stretch to buying the full office suite.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Microsoft intended that Office Starter can only be preinstalled on new PCs and should not be installable later so it can only be installed as part of the Sony Operating System - however, Google will find you free downloads if you look. At your own risk of course - I have not checked this website!!

http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/26083-microsoft_office_starter

:wink: